Thursday 7 May 2009

New Zealand




Its end of Autumn here in New Zealand and its pretty cold! Worlds apart from Thailand...! We spent our first night in the tent on Wednesday and I ended up crying! At one point I had a vest, fleece, fleece liner, sleeping bag, blanket and ski jacket on top and I was still shivering...! I thought I might be ill or something. We've nailed it now: we bought a duvet and zipped our sleeping bags together - body heat! Slept like babies last night. Thank goodness for expedia too as you can get wicked cheap hotel deals, so I'm focused on our Mercure Spa Hotel in Wellington on Sunday!

Weather's been hit and miss. It was really sunny and hot yesterday but today its miserable and chucking it. We're in and around Rotorua on the North Island at the mo and everything smells of sulphur because of the Geysers! Pooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment